On 28th February 2014, the Annual General Meeting of the Global Legislators Organisation elected the Hon. Cedric Frolick MP as the new President of GLOBE International.
Mr Frolick is the first GLOBE President from outside of the G8 and is the House Chairperson of the South African National Assembly. He succeeds the Rt Hon. John Gummer, Lord Deben, as the head of the Organisation and is joined by a new senior leadership team composed of legislators from every continent.
The Presidency will be supported by Vice Presidents elected from each region of the world:
- Hon. Simon Edem Asimah MP from the Parliament of Ghana - Vice President for Africa
- Senator Alejandro Encinas from the Mexican Senate – Vice President for the Americas
- Representative Yuriko Koike from the National Diet of Japan - Vice President for Asia
- Hon. Frank Schwabe MdB from the German Bundestag - Vice President for Europe
- Hon. David McGuinty MP from the Canadian House of Commons - Vice President for Strategy
- Senator Laurence Rossignol from the Senate of France - Vice President for Policy
View the profiles of members
Tweet your congratulations to the new President